10 Ways My Husband Shows That He Loves Me
Keith and I celebrated two anniversaries this past week.
Anniversary #1: Seven years ago this week, Keith and I started dating after a very fun weekend hiking and camping at Zion National Park.
Anniversary #2: Six years ago this week, Keith surprised me at the summit of Mount Yale (after a long hike through the snow), and asked me to marry him!
He set up his camera and caught the whole thing on video. The audio wasn’t great, but I subtitled it…
Frankly, it scared me to say “yes.” I loved Keith, but was used to the freedom and independence of singlehood by then. But by this time I knew Keith was a good man, and a good fit for me. I’m so glad I accepted! And Keith seems glad he asked.
Here are 10 little (and not so little) things that Keith does to show his love, help brighten my day, and make me feel cared for:
- Keith usually gets up earlier than I do, but he comes back to bed and snuggles with me every morning at my wake-up time. (Best alarm clock ever!)
- He wraps his arms around me and gives me a kiss when I’m working in the kitchen.
- He carries a spare set of hearing aid batteries in his wallet if I ever need them. (I never asked him to do this—he just started doing it on his own after my battery went out one time and I didn’t have a spare on me. The next time it happened, he whipped out his wallet. So thoughtful!)
- He tells me how much he loves me, every day.
- He takes me out on frequent date nights.
- Every day, he makes nerdy jokes, silly faces and funny noises to make me laugh (and it never fails!).
- He supports my attempts to build a business/write a book and tells me how proud he is of me.
- He works hard to make sure we have a comfortable life and travel a lot.
- He regularly checks in with me to see if I am happy and asks me if there is anything he can do to make my life any better.
- He thanks me often, appreciates the things I do for him, and constantly talks about how life with me is good. I love this.
Yeah, he’s a keeper, and I love him much more than I did the day he proposed. Life is good! Happy double anniversary, Keith!
Did you know I write books?
Just sign up below for free excerpts and updates about my latest book!